Xypex Concentrate is the most chemically active product within the Xypex Crystalline Waterproofing System. When mixed with water, this light grey powder is applied as a cementitious slurry coat to above-grade or below-grade concrete, either as a single coat or as the first of a two-coat application. It is also mixed in Dry-Pac form for sealing strips at construction joints, or for the repairing of cracks, faulty construction joints and honeycombs. Xypex prevents the penetration of water and other liquids from any direction by causing a catalytic reaction that produces a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores and capillary tracts of concrete and cement-based materials.
- Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
- Underground Vaults
- Secondary Containment Structures
- Tunnels and Subway Systems
- Swimming Pools
- Parking Structures
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate
- Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm
- Allows concrete to breathe
- Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals
- Does not require dry weather or a dry surface
- Cannot puncture, tear or come apart at the seams
- No costly surface priming or leveling prior to application
- Does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes
- Can be applied to the positive or the negative side of the concrete surface
- Does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials
- Less costly to apply than most other methods
- Not subject to deterioration
Xypex Concentrate is available in 20 lb. (9.1 kg) pails, 60 lb. (27.3 kg) pails and 50 lb. (22.7 kg) bags.
Xypex products must be stored dry at a minimum temperature of 45°F (7°C). Shelf life is one year when stored under proper conditions.
For normal surface conditions, the coverage rate for each Xypex coat is 6 - 7.2 sq. ft./lb. (1.25 - 1.5 lb./sq. yd. or 0.65 - 0.8 kg/m2).