Xypex Modified can be applied as a second coat to reinforce Xypex Concentrate, or applied by itself to damp-proof the exterior of foundation walls. Applied as a second coat, Xypex Modified chemically reinforces Xypex Concentrate where two coats are required and produces a harder finish. Where damp-proofing is required, a single coat of Modified may be used as an alternative to a spray/tar emulsion. Xypex prevents the penetration of water and other liquids from any direction by causing a catalytic reaction that produces a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores and capillary tracts of concrete and cement-based materials.
Xypex Modified is recommended as a single coat for the damp-proofing of foundations or as a second coat with Xypex Concentrate for the following applications:
- Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
- Secondary Containment Structures
- Tunnels and Subway Systems
- Underground Vaults
- Parking Structures
- Swimming Pools
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate
- Allows concrete to breathe
- Resistant to aggressive chemicals
- Does not require dry weather or a dry surface
- Cannot puncture, tear or come apart at the seams
- No costly surface priming or leveling prior to application
- Does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes
- Can be applied to the positive or the negative side of the concrete surface
- Does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials
- Less costly to apply than most other methods
- Not subject to deterioration
Xypex Modified is available in 60 lb. (27.2 kg) pails and 50 lb. (22.7 kg) bags.
Xypex products must be stored dry at a minimum temperature of 45ºF (7ºC). Shelf life is one year when stored under proper conditions.
For normal surface conditions, the coverage rate for each coat is 6 - 7.2 sq. ft. per lb. (1.25-1.5 lb. per sq. yd. or 0.65 - 0.8 kg/m2).