Responding to diverse, worldwide need, Xypex has expanded its product line to a fully integrated, highly functional family of products, now meeting the specifications and demands of architects, engineers and contractors in more than seventy countries. Additives, coatings, accessories; there's a Xypex product for every project.
The crystalline nature of the Xypex waterproofing system provides many application advantages over traditional barrier products.
- Xypex does not require a dry surface; in fact, a wet surface is necessary.
- Xypex does not require dry weather to be applied.
- Xypex does not require costly surface priming or leveling prior to application.
- It cannot puncture, tear, or come apart at the seams.
- It does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials.
- It can be applied on either side of a concrete surface — the negative or the positive (water pressure) side.
- Xypex does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes.
- It is less costly to apply than most other methods.
Xypex Is Different
The Xypex crystalline system for concrete waterproofing is substantially different from traditional barrier products, like membranes and cementitious coatings. Check out these differences:
- Xypex creates a crystalline structure deep within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete mass to prevent the penetration of water and aggressive chemicals. In contrast, barrier-type products function only at the surface of the concrete.
- Because Xypex is not dependent on surface adhesion to achieve its waterproofing effect, it is resistant to extreme hydrostatic pressure.
- It will seal hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm.
- It is not subject to the deterioration problems encountered by membranes.
- Xypex is permanent and reactivates whenever water is present.
Xypex Product Information
Check out information on specific Xypex products: